Organic Whey Protein Isolate
Our organic whey protein isolate is made differently to most whey proteins. Whey protein is normally made using whey left over from the cheese making process, but our organic whey protein isolate is made by filtering the whey directly from fresh milk, resulting in what we believe is the freshest whey protein on the market.
The milk comes from organically reared grass fed cows in the UK, Austria and Switzerland, and the taste is neutral and creamy, perfect for sneaking in extra quality protein when you’re making smoothies or baking, but it is also very pleasant as it is just mixed with water, milk or yoghurt.
Whey protein isolate is also just an incredibly readily absorbed protein source. It is ranked number one in the bioavailability index, with whey protein concentrate being at number two. So if you want a whey protein that is the most fresh and most readily absorbed, with no additives and made using milk from organic grass fed cows, then our organic whey protein isolate is the one to go for :-)
- 88.6g protein per 100g / 22.15g protein per 25g serving
- Fast to digest, so your body can break it down quickly to get to the good stuff
- Contains all the essential and branched chain amino acids
- Hormone free, gluten free, soya free and GMO free
- Made in Austria by filtering fresh organic milk twice using purely mechanical ceramic filtration
- The milk comes from organic farms in the UK, Austria, Switzerland, and depending on the supply may also come from organic farms in other European countries.
- Independent nutritional test certificates published for every batch
- A source of calcium and phosphorus
- Neutral creamy taste, making it a very versatile ingredient
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Certified Organic by The Organic Food Federation
- 25p donated to Compassion in World Farming for every pack, to help support an amazing team of people who are working tirelessly to bring an end to factory farming globally, one milestone at a time (of which there have been many). So far we've donated more than £30,000.
Who is it for?
This is a protein powder anyone can use, regardless of what your goals may be. People often use our organic whey protein for the following reasons:
- Muscle and bone health
- Supporting a healthy active lifestyle
- To help keep going during times of physical stress
- Increased need for protein as a result of medical issues
- Lacking protein from other foods due to dietary restrictions
- Some people just enjoy the taste and find the benefits to be a bonus
How is this different to the regular organic whey protein?
Our organic whey protein isolate goes through an additional filtration stage, giving us a higher protein content and making it even more readily absorbed by our bodies than the regular organic whey protein (a concentrate). Whey protein isolate is ranked number one in the bioavailability index, with whey protein concentrate at number two, and in third place are eggs.
Or for a more detailed explanation...
Both our regular organic whey protein and our organic whey protein isolate go through a filtration process known as ultrafiltration, whereby the whey is filtered with a very fine pore size of approximately 0.01 micron. However, the isolate first goes through microfiltration before going through the ultrafiltration stage. The microfiltration step uses a pore size of around 0.1 micron, so although the pore size is larger, this still helps increase the protein content further by removing even more fats, sugars and other naturally occurring non-protein things in the milk prior to going through the ultrafiltration stage, thereby helping increase the protein content further still. To be more precise, it currently gives us 88.6% protein instead of the 79% protein (on average) in our regular organic whey protein.
Thank you Johanna for asking this question :-)
Organic whey protein isolate, from organic grass fed cow's milk.
The easiest way to use our organic whey protein isolate is to mix 25g with 150-200ml of water or milk (dairy or plant based) vigorously in a shaker for 30 seconds, or for 10 seconds in a blender.
25g is equivalent to approximately 60ml, which is equal to ¼ cup, 3.5 tablespoons, 2 scoops, or of course you can also weigh on a set of kitchen scales for the best accuracy. Many people only have half a serving (so around 12.5g or 30ml) as they don't need a lot of extra protein in their diet, so feel free to use less if this sounds like you.
|Typical Values||Per 100g||Per 25g Serving|
|of which saturates||0.42g||0.1g|
|of which sugars||3.1g||0.77g|
|Calcium||373mg||93.3mg (11.66% RI)|
|Phosphorus||167mg||41.8mg (13.64% RI)|
RI = Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal)
|Heavy metals||Lab Results||EU Limit|
|Lead||<0.0050 mg/kg||3.0 mg/kg|
|Arsenic||0.024 mg/kg||No defined limit|
|Cadmium||<0.0010 mg/kg||1.0 mg/kg|
|Mercury||0.0010 mg/kg||0.1 mg/kg|
Please feel free to download the original heavy metal test certificate here.
Our organic whey protein isolate contains all of the essential and branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) naturally occurring in the whey.
|Amino Acid||Per 100g||Per 25g Serving|
* Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)
Bioactive protein fractions
Bioactive proteins are a key reason whey protein is so much more than “just” a quality protein, as many of these proteins are also in human breast milk, and there is a lot of evidence that they have a wide range of health benefits. You can read more on this in our blog post here.
|Bioactive protein||Per 100g||Per 25g Serving|
|Immunoglobulin G (IgG)||1.9g||475mg|
We offer free delivery on all orders in the UK with no minimum spend, and free international delivery if you spend £100 or more.
Orders placed up until 3.30pm are sent out on the same day between Monday-Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
Free UK delivery
|Delivery option||Spend less than £80||Spend £80 or more|
|Royal Mail Tracked 48||Free||Free|
|Royal Mail Tracked 24||£3.50||Free|
|DPD Next Day||£4.50||Free|
|Service||Spend less than £100||Spend £100 or more|
|DHL (5-10 Days)||£12.00||Free|
International orders are dispatched on Wednesdays only.
We are currently shipping to Europe, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Singapore.
Free UK returns
We are more than happy to issue a refund in the unlikely event that you aren't satisfied with your purchase, provided there are no more than 3 servings (75g) missing from the pack. You have up to 90 days to return your order, starting from the date it was delivered to your address. Once we've received your order, we will issue your refund within 48 hours.
Here are the steps to return your order, for free:
- Head over to the Royal Mail returns page.
- Select the item shape, then select “yes” if the item dimensions are smaller than 61cm (L) x 46cm (W) x 46cm (D).*
- Fill out the details on the next page, then click "continue".
- You can then choose whether to have the package collected, or if you'd prefer to drop it off at a Post Office.
- Follow the steps to print off your free returns label, or free label-less Royal Mail Collection.
- Once you have dropped it off at a Post Office, or once Royal Mail have collected it from you, depending on which you selected, it will be delivered to us within 3-5 working days. Within 48 hours of delivery we will refund you in full.
*If the dimensions aren't smaller than those specified then please get in touch and we'll help you to return your order using a different courier.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to send us an email on the contact page
We offer no quibble refunds to our worldwide customers too, however you will need to arrange and pay for delivery to our fulfilment centre in the UK within 90 days of receiving your order, with a note enclosed showing your order number, or a print out of your order confirmation email. Once received, you will be refunded promptly. The return delivery address is:
The Organic Protein Company
Unit CB3, Little Braxted Hall
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to send us an email on the contact page.