Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 500ml organic yoghurt
- 2 scoops (25g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 150g blackcurrants
For the hazelnut topping (optional):
- 150g rolled oats
- 100g roasted hazelnuts
- 1-2 tsp coconut sugar (add to taste)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Per serving (1 bowl):
- Kcals: 510
- Protein: 18.3g
- Fibre: 6.6g
- Carbohydrates: 39.78g
- Sugars: 2.18g
- Fats: 21.6g
There's enough here to serve 4, so if you don't need this much then feel free to split the recipe in half, or a quarter if you only need one serving :-)
- If you'd like to skip the hazelnut topping then you can go straight to step 6. Otherwise, start by melting the coconut oil in frying pan.
- Add the oats to the frying pan and cook for about 5 minutes or until they are golden and crunchy.
- Blend the roast hazelnuts until roughly ground up, or place in a sandwich bag and bash with a rolling pin.
- Add the ground hazelnuts and coconut sugar to the oats and give a good thorough stir.
- Let the hazelnut mix cool a bit while you move onto the next step
- Blend the the yoghurt, Organic Whey Protein and blackcurrants until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie mix into a bowl and sprinkle the hazelnut mix over the top.