Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 500ml organic yoghurt
- 2 scoops (25g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 150g blackcurrants
For the hazelnut topping (optional):
- 150g rolled oats
- 100g roasted hazelnuts
- 1-2 tsp coconut sugar (add to taste)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Per serving (1 bowl):
- Kcals: 510
- Protein: 18.3g
- Fibre: 6.6g
- Carbohydrates: 39.78g
- Sugars: 2.18g
- Fats: 21.6g
Here’s a super quick tasty smoothie bowl recipe for you to quickly whizz up in the blender, for your next brekkie or off the cuff snack! There are just three ingredients too, or If you want to be a bit more fancy you can make the hazelnut topping for some satisfying crunch to compliment the berrytastic smoothie. Yum yum yum!
There's enough here to serve 4, so if you don't need this much then feel free to split the recipe in half, or a quarter if you only need one serving :-)
- If you'd like to skip the hazelnut topping then you can go straight to step 6. Otherwise, start by melting the coconut oil in frying pan.
- Add the oats to the frying pan and cook for about 5 minutes or until they are golden and crunchy.
- Blend the roast hazelnuts until roughly ground up, or place in a sandwich bag and bash with a rolling pin.
- Add the ground hazelnuts and coconut sugar to the oats and give a good thorough stir.
- Let the hazelnut mix cool a bit while you move onto the next step
- Blend the the yoghurt, Organic Whey Protein and blackcurrants until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie mix into a bowl and sprinkle the hazelnut mix over the top.