Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 slices
- 4 medium ripe bananas (420g approx)
- 100g almond meal
- 5 scoops (62.5g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1tsp vanilla powder or 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Per serving (1 slice):
- Kcals: 115
- Protein: 7.3g
- Fibre: 2.6g
- Carbohydrates: 17.9g
- Sugars: 10.2g
- Fats: 2.8g
This is a recipe that’s taken much tweaking over the years, going from too moist to too dry to what we’ve got here; one of the finest examples I’ve seen of how whey protein can really come into its own as an ingredient in the kitchen. Without the whey protein this honeslty just does not work.
No soggy bottoms here. Just a great soft, moist crumb and the subtle flavour of banana and vanilla.
On with the recipe.
- Any other type of nut meal, nut flour or indeed nut butter should produce similar results
- Preheat the oven to 170 C and grease your cake tin. A tin with a 20cm diameter and 3cm depth works just perfectly.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl with the honey until nice and runny.
- Pour in the rest of the ingredients and stir thoroughly until there are no lumps.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes before moving to a drying rack, then tuck in when you’re ready.
- Feel smug. You deserve it.
Any questions, let us know in the comments below :-)