Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 10 slices
- 150g carrots, grated
- 150g parsnips (you can choose any type of vegetable- pumpkin, celery, zucchini, etc), grated
- 5-8 tablespoons of olive oil
- 70g organic butter (straight out of the fridge)
- 120g soft goats cheese (or a hard one, for a stronger taste)
- 2-3 tsp of baking powder
- 160g almond flour
- 3 scoops (37.5g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 4 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds (shelled)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 organic eggs
- A handful of pitted olives
- A handful of sun dried tomatoes
- Per serving (1 slice):
- Kcals: 227.6
- Protein: 10.07g
- Fibre: 3.2g
- Carbohydrates: 7.22g
- Sugars: 1.3g
- Fats: 21.9g
Well I hope you like my take on this fascinating loaf category anyway, I’ve found it holds its own quite nicely. Try a slice or two toasted with butter and you’ll be a convert, I’m certain of it. Rich, delicious and nutritious...what's not to like about that :-)
- Heat the oven to 190C
- Mix almond flour with protein, seeds, baking powder, salt.
- Then add olives, tomatoes, vegetables, cheese, eggs and mix well until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Add butter, cut into small cubes and mix in without melting the butter pieces.
- Pour the mixture into a baking try lined with baking paper and bake for around 40 minutes.
- When the bread is cooked through, let it cool down for at least 15 minutes (or completely), so it's easier to slice.