Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 small bowls
- 65g pumpkin seeds
- 70g sunflower seeds
- 40g sesame seeds
- 3 scoops (37.5g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 8 drops of vanilla extract
- Per serving (1 small bowl):
- Kcals: 331
- Protein: 27
- Fibre: 5
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Sugars: 4.8
- Fats: 25.4
These tasty protein coated seeds make the ideal afternoon snack. As well as assisting with better blood sugar control, seeds are concentrated sources of essential minerals such as zinc and magnesium. Magnesium is crucial for energy metabolism, which in standard terms means this: to derive energy from your food, you need magnesium. No magnesium = no energy.
This recipe makes enough to keep you going for at least 3 days. So, what are you waiting for? Grab some seeds and get mixing.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- in a small bowl combine the protein, vanilla, honey & water until it forms a smooth paste.
- In a large bowl, mix the seeds with the paste.
- Spread the seed mix evenly across a baking tray.
- Toast in the oven for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Allow it to cool completely before consuming.
Happy munching :-)