Cook Time: 15 minutes + 15-20 minutes
- 90g pudding rice (short grain), rinsed
- 500ml rice milk
- 1/3 vanilla bean
- 2 scoops (25g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- Water for cooking the rice
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Berry sauce:
- 300g berries of choice
- Honey to taste
- Per serving (2 bowls):
- Kcals: 279
- Protein: 9.7g
- Fibre: 6.6g
- Carbohydrates: 46.2g
- Sugars: 18.5g
- Fats: 5.4g
- You can also add rose water, cardamom pods or tonka beans to your pudding. We all are trying to be super healthy here, but I have to say a bit of brandy added to the berry sauce just tastes awesome!
- Prepare the night before in a saucepan: melt the coconut oil, add rice and just enough water to cover the rice 1 cm above. Occasionally stirring, cook for about 15 minutes until the rice grains are soft. Let it cool and then transfer into a bowl and leave it in the fridge overnight.
- The next day: blend the rice milk with a scoop of whey protein, pour it into the pot, add the vanilla bean (scrape out the seeds but also put the peel in the milk) and set to a medium heat.
- Take the rice out of the fridge, add it to the milk and occasionally stir (you can stir continuously to speed up the process a bit). Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the milk has reduced to the desired pudding consistency.
- Make the berry sauce: blend fresh or frozen berries with honey to taste.
- Pour the sauce into serving bowls before adding the rice pudding, then enjoy :-)