Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 sandwich
- 2 scoops (25g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 15g coconut flour
- 3 organic eggs
- 70g spinach
- Salt and black pepper according to taste
- 1 tsp Herbs de Provence, or another herb mix of your choice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Filling of your choice- avocado, onions, tomato, seed/bean sprouts, hummus, bell peppers etc.
- Per serving (1 sandwich):
- Kcals: 422
- Protein: 38g
- Fibre: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5g
- Sugars: 35g
- Fats: 11g
Here’s an amazingly nutritious and totally filling alternative to the regular sandwich: The Panwich! It may sound strange, but give it a try and you definitely will not look back. You can pick and choose whichever filling takes your fancy of course: avocado, hummus, tomatoes, salads, onions, bell peppers, homemade mayo, goat’s cheese…be creative as you like.
Here are a few more mouthwaring pics to get your stomach rumbling, then we'll crack on with the recipe shall we?
- * Using a metal cookie cutter to contain the pancakes as you fry them will help give you a nice rounded shape and a more managable size too.
- In a blender mix together eggs, spinach, salt, black pepper, dried herbs and nutritional yeast (if you're using). Then add to the mixture protein and coconut flour, and give it a good wiz until everything is incorporated into the mixture.
- Heat the oil in the pan.
- Pour in half of the pancake mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Repeat for the other half.*
- Leave both pancakes to cool while you prepare the filling, which brings us to the next step...
- Prepare the filling of your choice.
- Grab one of the pancakes, add your filling and place the other pancake on top. Cut in half and you have your delicious "panwich".