Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 pancakes
- 2 scoops (25g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 115g fresh pumpkin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 40g dry oats
- 100ml + 2tbsp water
- 3 packets stevia (or ½-1 tbsp sweetener of your choice)
- Per serving (3 pancakes):
- Kcals: 163
- Protein: 14.8g
- Fibre: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 22.9g
- Sugars: 2g
- Fats: 2.1g
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you might have noticed that pumpkin has taken over the internet; and while I definitely don’t hate it, I’m not exactly the world’s biggest fan. I mean, even you pumpkin lovers have to admit that pumpkin isn’t really that exciting on its own….
Done right though and it can do some pretty magical things to the taste and texture of whatever recipe you use it in. And this my friends, is pumpkin done right.
If you’re craving those Autumnal flavours this Halloween, forget about a sugary pumpkin spiced latte and opt for these wholesome protein pancakes instead. Fluffy and veggie packed, they’re the perfect breakfast to kick off the autumn season!
- Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth
- Heat a little coconut oil over a low heat in a large non-stick frying pan
- Spoon roughly 2 tbsp of the batter into the pan. When the pancakes start to bubble, use a spatula to flip and cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Serve with a drizzle of agave nectar and a sprinkle of walnuts. Enjoy!