Cook Time: 0 minutes
Yield: 6 cones
- Ice cream:
- 300g frozen strawberries
- 100ml water
- 3 scoops (37.5g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 3 tbsp organic Ghee (or organic butter)
- 1 tbsp honey, add to taste
- Gluten free cones:
- 120g (1 cup) buckwheat flour
- 75g (1/2 cup) rice flour
- 60g (1/2 cup) potato/corn starch
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds
- 1 pinch of salt
- Coconut sugar (or maple syrup) to taste
- 2-3 tbsp melted organic ghee (or organic butter)
- 200ml coconut cream (or other cream such as oat cream)
- 300ml water
- Some coconut oil for cooking
- Per serving (1 cone):
- Kcals: 660.33
- Protein: 8.46g
- Fibre: 3.4g
- Carbohydrates: 109.8g
- Sugars: 5.15g
- Fats: 17.97g
Serving size: 2 servings
Kcals: 732kcal (366kcal per serving)
Protein: 3.8g (16.9g per serving)
Carbohydrates: 66.76g (33.38g per serving)
Sugars: 30g (15g per serving)
Fat: 37.24g (18.62g per serving)
Right, on with the recipe :-)
- If you only have fresh strawberries you can use them instead of the frozen strawberries, you’ll just need to pour the mixture into a Tupperware container and freeze for a few hours until it has set, or alternatively you can use an ice cream maker if you have one.
- For the ice cream: blend all the ice cream ingredients until smooth and serve.
- For the cones, you first of all need to heat the waffle maker.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients: buckwheat flour, rice flour, starch, ground chia seeds, salt and coconut sugar.
- Then in another bowl mix all the wet ingredients: ghee, cream and water.
- Stir the wet and dry mixes together until smooth and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour a tablespoon of the mixture into the waffle maker (it must be a thin/brittle waffle maker) and cook for 3-4 minutes (depending on the temperature of your waffle pan) until golden in colour.
- Roll the waffle in a cone shape straight after taking it off the pan, while it is still hot and flexible, otherwise it’ll be too brittle.
- Repeat the process until you have used all the mixture, then scoop up some of that lovely ice cream and relax :-)