Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8 mini pronuts
- 4 scoops (50g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 40g of coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1 whole free range egg
- 2 free range egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp of honey/agave
- 1/2 can of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon or nutmeg
- Per serving (1 pronut):
- Kcals: 89
- Protein: 9.2g
- Fibre: 2.8g
- Carbohydrates: 9.7g
- Sugars: 5.6g
- Fats: 1.6g
It’s autumn time, the comfy knits and bobble hats are out, plus before we dive headfirst in Christmas there’s still pumpkin to be eaten! Pumpkin spice, Pumpkin pies, Pumpkin Lattes. Yum, my favourite time of year! So I still had some pumpkin left over from Halloween, and I thought why not make another dessert? I'm pretty much a dessert queen.
Pronuts are the perfect little snack, high in protein, low in fat and zero guilt! You can vary the toppings to suit you, add them to your morning oats or even as post workout snack!
Create your own, add your favourite toppings and tag us on instagram! @theorganicproteinco and @thelawfoodie.
The Organic Protein Company sent me the whey Protein which is made with organic cow's milk. Usually, I’m quite sceptical about anything ‘organic’ to me, some companies use it as a way to bump up the prices on products without caring about what it actually stands for. Yes I’m a meat eater, but I LOVE animals and care for their welfare, which is why I love the Organic Protein company's passion towards animal welfare, higher welfare farming and I’m so happy to be a part of their team. The protein is actually delicious, it tastes so natural and doesn’t need the added sugar most proteins have to make it taste good!
- Preheat oven to 175 C. Grease a doughnut pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients (protein powder, coconut flour, baking soda and cinnamon) together in food processor
- In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients (pumpkin, honey/agave, eggs and vanilla) and whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spoon the batter into your doughnut tray and bake for 25 minutes.
- Leave to cool
- Decorate with toppings of your choice