Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
Yield: 32 cookies
- 400g raw pumpkin
- 125g coconut oil (melted)
- 100ml coconut honey
- 30g (around 75 chips) dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 scoops (37.5g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 450g brown rice flour
- 1 medium egg
- Per serving (1 cookie):
- Kcals: 115
- Protein: 3g
- Fibre: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Sugars: 3g
- Fats: 3g
Autumn has spoiled us this autumn, with some really beautiful weather so far. The sun warms up nicely and the air is filled with the smell of dry leaves and winter spices everywhere. Pumpkin is a vegetable that can be used in dishes both sweet and savory and it taste delicious, plus it is super healthy, being rich in vitamins and minerals, especially zinc, and at the same time has few calories.
- Should 32 cookies be too much to fit in your oven you can do this is two batches
- Grate the pumpkin into a large bowl.
- Add the melted coconut oil, coconut honey (or any sweetener of your choice) and the egg.
- Mix until completely combined.
- Cover tightly and chill the dough for at least one hour. Chilling is not necessary if you’re in a rush.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 180C and line a large tray with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough into a large ball and per cookie take around 1 tablespoon of dough, roll into a ball and flatten onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (slightly under bake for a particularly soft, chewy cookie) and remove.
- Allow to cool down for at least 5 minutes and then tuck in.
Happy Halloween baking!