Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 muffins
- 5 scoops (62.5g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 70g coconut sugar
- Handful of dates
- 3 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp (60ml) melted coconut oil
- 100g berries
- 150g cooked quinoa
- Handful of nuts, optional
- Per serving (1 muffin):
- Kcals: 257
- Protein: 13g
- Fibre: 1.93g
- Carbohydrates: 17.8g
- Sugars: 9g
- Fats: 18.4g
Quinoa is one of those foods that you either love or hate. But, lover or hater, no one has EVER turned down one of these tasty muffins :-)
Quinoa is a gluten-free grain (well, technically it is a seed, or so-called pseudo-grain), very high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain all nine essential amino acids.
Quinoa is not only filling and satisfying due to its protein content, it is also a nutritionally dense food containing minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and fibre; just about everything to make it a welcome healthy addition to your diet!
What we love most about quinoa is that you can prepare a big pot of it to keep in the fridge for up to week, adding it as a base for your salads, stews, soups and of course your morning porridge.
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl mix together the organic whey protein powder, quinoa, sugar and nuts (if using).
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs, coconut oil (make sure it is not too hot), berries and dates.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix together.
- Fill the muffin moulds with the muffin mix. I use silicone moulds, as it's so much easier to lift the muffins out.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Let them cool for at least 10 minutes before devouring :-)