Yield: 5-6 pancakes
- 3 scoops (37.5g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 240ml almond milk
- 240g egg whites
- 75g rice flour
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Berries and honey for sauce
- Per serving ():
- Kcals: 110.8
- Protein: 12.3g
- Fibre: 3.4g
- Carbohydrates: 13.15g
- Sugars: 0.58g
- Fats: 1.16g
Here’s a favourite recipe of mine, a crepe that’s lower in carbs than your average pancake and packed full of protein... and totally moreish!
It's versatile too, satisfying your sweet tooth with the addition of a berry sauce. Or for a comforting sweet blanket try stewed apples with cinnamon and raisins! You can give things a savoury twist instead by adding stir fried mushrooms and veggies topped with some grated organic cheddar.
- The ratio of ingredients is 1:1:1. Whichever measurement you use, make it equal for example- 1 cup of egg whites, 1 cup milk/water and 1 cup flour (or protein and flour mix).
- Mix all of the ingredients using a fork or whisk. You could also mix in a blender until smooth, but don’t overdo it as you don't want your eggs to be too airy and fluffy :-)
- Heat the coconut oil in the pan.
- Add the first lot of pancake mix and wait until it starts lifting off the pan before turning over, then fry the other side until lightly golden.
- Cook pancake after pancake (after pancake) and serve with a berry sauce, made with fresh or frozen berries blended together with honey to taste.