Cook Time: 0 minutes
Yield: 10 lovely truffles
- 60g Medjool Dates
- 50g Almonds
- 30g Cocoa
- 2 scoops (25g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 3 ½ tbsp Tangerine Juice
- Grated Rind from ½ Tangerine
- Per serving (one truffle):
- Kcals: 71
- Protein: 4g
- Fibre: 75g
- Carbohydrates: 5.6g
- Sugars: 5g
- Fats: 10.7g
Right enough blabbering from me, on with the recipe!
- Feel free to use any other nuts you may have in your cupboard...they all seem to work equally as well.
- Another protein powder could be used in place of the whey protein provided the consistency isn’t too thick or too thin.
- You can use other types of dates, though do bear in mind you may need to adjust the amount of tangerine juice accordingly.
- Grind the almonds in a blender, or if you've bought them pre-ground then completely disregard this first step.
- Add the cocoa and organic whey protein to the ground almonds, then stir until evenly mixed.
- Remove the pits from the dates (unless they're already pit-free) and give them a good whizz in a food processor until they form a gooey paste.
- Grate the zest from half a tangerine and squeeze out 2 ½ tbsp of juice.
- Add the date paste, tangerine zest, and juice to the other ingredients.
- Add everything to a food processor and give a whizz until it all clumps together. If your food processor isn't up to the task, I find mashing it all together with fork followed by a good old fashioned bit of finger mixing works equally as well.
- Press the mixture by hand into a ball.
- Now we're going to pour a load of cocoa onto a flat surface, onto which we're going to form our lovely truffles. In our case a bread board did the trick.
- Now mould the ball into a rectangle about 2cm thick, 12cm long and 8cm wide. Then slice into 10 sections with a knife.
- Grab a section and roll between your palms until you're satisfied it's adequately ball shaped. Repeat for the others.
- Lastly, we're going to roll these truffle balls around in cocoa until they're evenly covered...et voila!
- Eat at your leisure!
So there you have it, easy peasy! If you have any questions, please let me know in the comments below.