Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 10 cookies
- 90g rolled oats (1cup)
- 1 scoop (25g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein Powder
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut blossom sugar
- 3-4 chopped dates or other dried fruits
- Handful of walnuts, optional
- Pinch of salt
- Per serving (1 cookie):
- Kcals: 202
- Protein: 7.6g
- Fibre: 2.14g
- Carbohydrates: 10.6g
- Sugars: 5.8g
- Fats: 15.5g
Oats and whey, the perfect marriage of carbohydrates and protein. So tasty, so versatile! Today we’re making cookies with these lovely wonder ingredients and it’s a nice easy recipe too, with a wonderful rich buttery biscuitty (yes, this isn’t a real word) reward for very little work indeed. Enjoy.
- You can always hide a handful of seeds, goji berries or other nutritious superfood you like in these oat cookies.
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients: oats, whey protein powder, baking powder, sugar, nuts and salt.
- Whisk the egg and melt the butter, then add to the dry mixture, along with the chopped dates or other dried fruit (optional).
- Stir everything together until you have a consistent cookie dough texture.
- Spread the baking paper on a baking tray, then place a tablespoonful of the mixture for each cookie onto the baking paper.
- Cook for around 15-20 minutes or until they are golden and solid.
- Let them cool for five minutes before tucking in.