Cook Time: 0 minutes
Yield: 6 bars
- 90g oats
- 2 scoops (25g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 6 tbsp peanut butter
- 4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2-3 tbsp agave nectar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Handful of cacao nibs (optional)
- Per serving (1 bar):
- Kcals: 194
- Protein: 10.1g
- Fibre: 4.3g
- Carbohydrates: 16.6g
- Sugars: 4.4g
- Fats: 9.7g
- Make sure the peanut butter you’re using is 100% peanuts – you don’t want any nasty hidden sugars or palm oil.
- The mixture will be quite crumbly – don’t worry! When you press it down into the tin it will come together.
- Line an 8x8 inch tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Combine the peanut butter, vanilla, almond milk and agave nectar in microwaveable bowl. Heat in the microwave for 10 seconds and then stir until all ingredients are combined.
- In a large bowl add the oats, chia, protein and cacao and mix together. Add the liquid mixture into the dry and mix until a cookie dough consistency is formed (you may need to use your hands for this part).
- Press the mixture into the pre-lined pan. If using cacao nibs, press these into the top of the bars.
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to allow the bars to set, then with a knife cut into 6 bars.
- You can store the bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or alternatively you could eat them all at once...we won't tell anyone ;-)