Cook Time: 0 minutes
Yield: 6 bars
- 90g oats
- 2 scoops (25g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 6 tbsp peanut butter
- 4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2-3 tbsp agave nectar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Handful of cacao nibs (optional)
- Per serving (1 bar):
- Kcals: 194
- Protein: 10.1g
- Fibre: 4.3g
- Carbohydrates: 16.6g
- Sugars: 4.4g
- Fats: 9.7g
Snack/Protein/Energy bars. Everybody loves them. They’re easy, they’re convenient, and with the proper ingredients, they can be healthy too! These No Bake Protein Bars are the homemade equivalent of your favourite store-bought peanut butter protein bar, without all the nasty preservatives. The best part? Each bar contains 10g of protein, so they’re perfect pre or post workout, for breakfast or a snack on the go. This one’s a keeper.
- Make sure the peanut butter you’re using is 100% peanuts – you don’t want any nasty hidden sugars or palm oil.
- The mixture will be quite crumbly – don’t worry! When you press it down into the tin it will come together.
- Line an 8x8 inch tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Combine the peanut butter, vanilla, almond milk and agave nectar in microwaveable bowl. Heat in the microwave for 10 seconds and then stir until all ingredients are combined.
- In a large bowl add the oats, chia, protein and cacao and mix together. Add the liquid mixture into the dry and mix until a cookie dough consistency is formed (you may need to use your hands for this part).
- Press the mixture into the pre-lined pan. If using cacao nibs, press these into the top of the bars.
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to allow the bars to set, then with a knife cut into 6 bars.
- You can store the bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or alternatively you could eat them all at once...we won't tell anyone ;-)