Cook Time: 0 minutes
Yield: 4 jars (but we won’t judge if you don’t share)
- 350g frozen forest fruits (a mix of blackberry, cherry, black and red currants)
- 1 orange and 2” by 1” strip of orange zest
- 2 teaspoons of mixed spice
- 400ml unsweetened oat milk
- 110g chia seeds
- 200g cashews
- 5 Medjool dates
- 2 scoops (25g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 5 drops of vanilla extract
- 350ml of water
- Per serving (1 jar):
- Kcals: 595
- Protein: 18g
- Fibre: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 70g
- Sugars: 38g
- Fats: 32g
Nothing will get you in the Christmas spirit quite like some mulled wine. This year avoid getting on the naughty list by savouring all the lovely flavours of the mulled spices but without the hangover!
This mulled berry chia pudding with protein cashew cream is bursting with superfoods, making it a perfectly healthy option for breakfast. Alternatively, serve it as a mega healthy after dinner treat.
- Soak the cashews, in enough water to cover, for 1-2 hours.
- To make the chia layer, blend the berries, orange, orange zest, oat milk and spices until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl, stir in the chia seeds and set aside for 1-2 hours or overnight. If you are leaving it overnight then pop the mixture in the fridge, if not then it’s better left at room temperature.
- To make the cashew layer, drain the cashews and blend them with the dates, Organic Whey Protein, vanilla and 350ml of water until smooth.
- Serve the chia pudding in jars with alternating layers of chia and protein cashew cream. Top with frozen berries.