Cook Time: 0 minutes
Yield: 4 jars (but we won’t judge if you don’t share)
- 350g frozen forest fruits (a mix of blackberry, cherry, black and red currants)
- 1 orange and 2” by 1” strip of orange zest
- 2 teaspoons of mixed spice
- 400ml unsweetened oat milk
- 110g chia seeds
- 200g cashews
- 5 Medjool dates
- 2 scoops (25g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 5 drops of vanilla extract
- 350ml of water
- Per serving (1 jar):
- Kcals: 595
- Protein: 18g
- Fibre: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 70g
- Sugars: 38g
- Fats: 32g
This mulled berry chia pudding with protein cashew cream is bursting with superfoods, making it a perfectly healthy option for breakfast. Alternatively, serve it as a mega healthy after dinner treat.
- Soak the cashews, in enough water to cover, for 1-2 hours.
- To make the chia layer, blend the berries, orange, orange zest, oat milk and spices until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl, stir in the chia seeds and set aside for 1-2 hours or overnight. If you are leaving it overnight then pop the mixture in the fridge, if not then it’s better left at room temperature.
- To make the cashew layer, drain the cashews and blend them with the dates, Organic Whey Protein, vanilla and 350ml of water until smooth.
- Serve the chia pudding in jars with alternating layers of chia and protein cashew cream. Top with frozen berries.