Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 pancakes
- 1 egg
- 2 scoops (25g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp coconut palm sugar
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Per serving (3 pancakes):
- Kcals: 183
- Protein: 11.9g
- Fibre: 2.3g
- Carbohydrates: 21.3g
- Sugars: 12.3g
- Fats: 10g
As far as I’m concerned, Pancake Day is one of the best days of the year. The date is circled, starred and highlighted on my calendar and if I had it my way, every day would be Pancake Day. Typically, when people think of pancakes, they think carbs, butter, sugar and everything that tastes great but isn’t great for you. But, it doesn’t have to be that way! By using wholesome, healthy ingredients combined with the delicious flavours of cacao and banana, these pancakes are not only a taste sensation but are actually good for you. Plus, they are also packed full of protein and free from any hidden nasties or refined sugars. In a nutshell: you NEED to try them!
- The pancake mixture will be quite thick – don’t worry, that’s normal
- Be patient. If you flip your pancakes too soon they’ll just fall apart.
- I topped this stack with chocolate hazelnut butter and fresh raspberries for a really indulgent treat but feel free to try any combination of your favourite fruits and nut butters.
- Add all the ingredients (except the coconut oil) into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Once the coconut oil has melted, drop one heaped tablespoon of the batter into the pan.
- Cook on a low heat until little bubbles start to form on the surface.
- Flip the pancake with a spatula and cook for a few more minutes until they are cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate and repeat with the rest of the batter. Layer the pancakes up with your favourite nut butter and top with fresh fruit. Enjoy!