Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 pancakes
- 1 egg
- 2 scoops (25g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp coconut palm sugar
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Per serving (3 pancakes):
- Kcals: 183
- Protein: 11.9g
- Fibre: 2.3g
- Carbohydrates: 21.3g
- Sugars: 12.3g
- Fats: 10g
- The pancake mixture will be quite thick – don’t worry, that’s normal
- Be patient. If you flip your pancakes too soon they’ll just fall apart.
- I topped this stack with chocolate hazelnut butter and fresh raspberries for a really indulgent treat but feel free to try any combination of your favourite fruits and nut butters.
- Add all the ingredients (except the coconut oil) into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Once the coconut oil has melted, drop one heaped tablespoon of the batter into the pan.
- Cook on a low heat until little bubbles start to form on the surface.
- Flip the pancake with a spatula and cook for a few more minutes until they are cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate and repeat with the rest of the batter. Layer the pancakes up with your favourite nut butter and top with fresh fruit. Enjoy!