Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 5 small servings
- 3 large apples, diced
- 150g frozen berries
- 5 medjool dates, boiled to soften
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp + a dash of maple syrup
- 30g rice flour
- 2 scoops (25g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 25g jumbo oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Per serving (1/5 of the dish):
- Kcals: 202
- Protein: 5.6g
- Fibre: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 39.8g
- Sugars: 23.9g
- Fats: 3.7g
We are now coming to the end of January and what better way to end your Sunday Roasts than with this super delicious crumble! Totally refined sugar free and quick to make, it’ll have you wishing you’d made more! With the addition of oats to the crumble topping you get not only a delicious crunchy texture but you get a little fibre boost too! This recipe can be made in advance or just before serving. As the method is easy and doesn’t require much equipment or hard-to-find ingredients it is perfect for new bakers!
- Why not serve it with some homemade protein ice cream?
- You can sub the rice flour for another flour of your choice.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Boil the dates in hot water for about 10 minutes until soft and mash them to form a paste.
- Add the coconut oil and maple syrup to the date paste and give a good stir.
- Combine the rice flour, whey, oats and cinnamon in a bowl before adding to the date-mix.
- Stir to form a crumble topping with breadcrumb consistency. Don't be afraid to use your hands.
- Place the apples and berries in a deep-lined oven-proof dish and add a sprinkling of maple syrup.
- Pour over the crumble topping and distribute evenly across the top of the fruit.
- Place in the oven for about 30 minutes to allow the fruit to cook through and the crumble topping to crisp up.
- Enjoy hot or cold.