Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 5 small servings
- 3 large apples, diced
- 150g frozen berries
- 5 medjool dates, boiled to soften
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp + a dash of maple syrup
- 30g rice flour
- 2 scoops (25g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 25g jumbo oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Per serving (1/5 of the dish):
- Kcals: 202
- Protein: 5.6g
- Fibre: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 39.8g
- Sugars: 23.9g
- Fats: 3.7g
- Why not serve it with some homemade protein ice cream?
- You can sub the rice flour for another flour of your choice.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Boil the dates in hot water for about 10 minutes until soft and mash them to form a paste.
- Add the coconut oil and maple syrup to the date paste and give a good stir.
- Combine the rice flour, whey, oats and cinnamon in a bowl before adding to the date-mix.
- Stir to form a crumble topping with breadcrumb consistency. Don't be afraid to use your hands.
- Place the apples and berries in a deep-lined oven-proof dish and add a sprinkling of maple syrup.
- Pour over the crumble topping and distribute evenly across the top of the fruit.
- Place in the oven for about 30 minutes to allow the fruit to cook through and the crumble topping to crisp up.
- Enjoy hot or cold.