Cook Time: 5-6 minutes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 4 medium organic eggs
- 2 scoops (25g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 1 tsp Herbes de Provence mix (or any other dried herb mix)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Organic hard goat cheese, grated. Optional, but gooood!
- Olive oil, ghee, butter or coconut oil for cooking
- Balsamic dressing
- Per serving (1/2 of the omelette):
- Kcals: 204
- Protein: 20.5g
- Fibre: 1.4g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4g
- Sugars: 2.1g
- Fats: 13.5g
Delicious, filling, warming and super versatile…that’s the humble omelette for you. Here’s an option for those seeking a bit more protein without adding extra eggs to the mix; this is perfect for using up any leftovers in the fridge too, so go wild with the ingredients if you please. You can easily choose other seasonal veggies to go in the omelette, or just about anything you can find in the fridge!
- Heat the oil, cook the onion for a few minutes, then add carrot. Cook until softened, stirring occasionally. Once cooked, take off the heat.
- Blend together the eggs, protein powder, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Stir the veggies into the egg mix.
- Pour omelette mixture into the pan and leave on a medium heat to cook. After a few minutes split into 2 or four pieces and flip over.
- Sprinkle the grated goat cheese over the omelette (optional), place a lid over a pan and wait for the cheese to melt. Meanwhile, spread the rocket over two plates along with a drizzle of balsamic dressing
- Lay the omelette over the bed of rocket, give another dizzle of balsamic and you're ready to eat!