Cook Time: 0 minutes
Yield: 14 bliss balls
- 200g nuts (a mix of cashew, almond and walnut is ideal)
- 8x Medjool dates
- 2 scoops (25g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, melted
- 4 drops of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Juice of half an orange (50ml)
For the coconut/orange dust:
- 30g desiccated coconut
- Zest of one small orange (3g)
- A pinch each of nutmeg and cinnamon
- Per serving (2 bliss balls):
- Kcals: 270
- Protein: 9g
- Fibre: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Sugars: 11g
- Fats: 19g
The bliss balls combine all the great warming spices with orange, dates and nuts to create satisfying mouthfuls of festive goodness.
We won’t blame you if you don’t want to share these with anyone, but in case you do want to get into the spirit of giving, these bliss balls make the ideal gift and will even please health food dodging friends and colleagues. Don’t take our word for it, try it for yourself.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and roast the nuts for 10-15 minutes. This will improve the flavour and add a nice crunch. Allow them to cool.
- Put all of the ingredients (excluding the coconut/orange dust ingredients) in a blender and blend until roughly combined. Roll the mixture into 14 bliss balls.
- Put the coconut/orange dust ingredients in a bowl and give it a stir. Roll each bliss ball in the dust, pressing it in every now and then to ensure each ball is evenly coated.
- Pop the Christmas cake bliss balls in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving. This step will ensure they are firmer.