Cook Time: 0 minutes
Yield: 10 popsicles
- Ice cream
- 200g cashews, soaked overnight
- 100ml water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 scoops (25g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- Juice of half a lemon
- 70ml melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (optional, but delicious)
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 200ml canned coconut milk
- 170g dates (pitted)
- ½ tsp of salt (adjust to preferred taste)
- 100g peanuts, slightly toasted
- Chocolate glaze
- 150g dark chocolate
- 50ml melted coconut oil
- Per serving (1 popsicle):
- Kcals: 375
- Protein: 7.9g
- Fibre: 1.3g
- Carbohydrates: 22.1g
- Sugars: 6.6g
- Fats: 31.24g
A guilt free ice-cream made with Organic Whey Protein, cashews, dates, coconut oil and a touch of good old dark chocolate....ooh yes! We’ve had such a cracking summer so far, so best treat ourselves I say. Yeeesss, let’s do this.
- Pssst! It tastes much better when you leave the insides melt ;-)
- Make the caramel: blend the coconut with dates and salt (add little bit less and then, if needed put additional pinch) until you’ve a nice smooth and thick sauce.
- Blend all the ice cream ingredients until smooth. Pour into ice cream moulds to fill 1/3 of each. Then pour toasted peanuts on top of each ice-cream base and a good spoonful of salted caramel. Fill the moulds with the rest of the ice-cream base and sprinkle some peanuts on top. Freeze for 12 hours.
- Make the chocolate glaze: melt the chocolate together with coconut oil. Take out each popsicle and either slowly dip it into the glaze, or pour the glaze over each ice cream, twisting and turning it around, so the chocolate covers the whole popsicle. Wait until the glaze hardens and your protein ice cream is ready to eat.