Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 cup of coffee
- 300ml strong black coffee
- 1 tsp organic butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Spices: cinnamon, cardamom & nutmeg (1 pinch of each, optional)
- 2 scoops (25g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- Per serving (1 cup):
- Kcals: 171
- Protein: 15.4g
- Fibre: 1.14g
- Carbohydrates: 7.6g
- Sugars: 6.7g
- Fats: 9.2g
Given the enduring popularity and surprisingly energising effects of “bulletproof” coffee, we thought we’d show you our own take on the now ubiquitous beverage. I've made one addition to the traditional mixture of butter, coconut oil and coffee: one scoop of our Organic Whey Protein. The result is particularly filling, oh-so-creamy and of course still gives you a lasting energy boost.
The theory behind “bulletproof” coffee is that the caffeine combines with the fats and is released more slowly over a much longer period of time, leaving you feeling energised for longer. Having given this a go we can certainly attest that it seems to have given us an extra va va voom! If you don’t mind your coffee on the creamy side and fancy a helping hand getting out of bed on the right side, I’d recommend give it a go.
- Brew 300ml of your favourite coffee, making it nice and strong
- Pour the coffee into your blender along with the butter and coconut oil and give a good whizz for 30 seconds
- Add the whey protein and optional spices and blend for another 10-15 seconds
- Pour into a nice Lattѐ cup, drink up and have a very sprightly morning!