Cook Time: 0 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 Large Avocado (approx. 250g)
- 5 tbsp Cocoa
- 2 scoops (25g) Pure Unflavoured Organic Whey Protein
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- 1 Pinch of Sea Salt
- Per serving ():
- Kcals: 322
- Protein: 16g
- Fibre: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Sugars: 10g
- Fats: 22g
There are so many chocolate avocado recipes out there now, such this one from The Pretty Bee, The Yes Chef's delightful creation and an orangey variation from With Style & Grace. So this is by no means an original recipe, but adding whey protein to the mix lends an extra creaminess which really puts this on another level of satisfying richness.
For such a simple recipe the end result is the stuff of dreams; a rich creamy chocolate pudding that's actually really good for you. Ok, so you could argue that the sugar from the honey isn't such a great thing, but it's got to be better than using the standard go-to refined sugar that ends up in regular puddings. And of course, you can use any sweetener you like here, I just prefer honey over stevia and the other various sugar alternatives. I'd also recommend giving date paste a go if you'd prefer another natural option.
Ok then, lets get cracking shall we?
- The riper the avocado the better, if there's no give don't even go there.
- This is an obvious one, but if you can't find any really large avocados you can of course use two or three small ones.
- If your blender can't cope with the lack of liquid, mashing and mixing with a fork followed by an electric whisk works just as well.
- Get experimental: try adding your favourite flavours...orange, coffee, vanilla, raisins...I've stuck with sea salt, as sea salt and chocolate is just divine as it is.
- Slice the avocado in two, remove the stone and chop the flesh into slices.
- Add to the chopped avocado to a blender, along with the other ingredients.
- Give it a good whizz, scrape the mixture off the sides and whizz again. Repeat until it's all thoroughly mixed together. If your blender has a pulse button then this can help immensely.
- That's it! You could go all out and have it as one big pudding, or split it into two servings if you're feeling sensible.
Well there you have it, easy as pie! This is easily one of the most satisfyingly easy clean eating creations on earth, so there's really no excuse not to give it a try.