Cook Time: 17 minutes
Yield: 12 bars
- 150g Almonds
- 130g Pumpkin Seeds
- 130g Sunflower Seeds
- 150g Golden Raisins
- 90g Desiccated Coconut
- 40g Flax Seeds
- 35g Sesame Seeds
- 9 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Per serving (1 bar):
- Kcals: 349
- Protein: 8.9g
- Fibre: 7.2g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Sugars: 10g
- Fats: 22g
- Adding a teaspoon of cinnamon to complement the orange peel is a really good idea
- You might want to grease both sides of the greaseproof paper to make sure the bars don't get completely stuck.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- Grease a baking tray, ideally with a depth of at least 1.5cm. Line with grease proof paper.
- Chop the almonds by hand or give a very brief whizz in a blender, trying to avoid completely obliterating them if possible.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- Now stir in the honey and coconut oil until evenly mixed
- Pour the mixture onto the baking tray, pressing down as hard as you can to get it nice and compact. A spatula seems to work well for this task.
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, leave to cool for half an hour to 45 minutes. Then place in the fridge for a further 20 minutes until they're fully hardened, before slicing into 12 bars.
- You can keep this for up to a week in an airtight container. Believe me, they will be devoured long before the week is up!