We’re committed to doing all we can to reduce our impact on the environment, and though we’re not perfect we have a number of initiatives and goals in place. We fully intend to to build on these to become as green as we can in the months and years ahead.
- One tree is being planted for every pack of organic whey protein. The levels of CO2 produced shipping our organic whey protein to the UK are higher than we're comfortable with, so this our way of helping compensate for this. Sure, we could have gone with a more accurately measurable option by purchasing carbon credits, but planting trees does so much more; not least helping create a natural habitat for countless insects and other forest dwelling creatures.
- We're moving production ever closer to the UK. We started in the USA, and have now made the jump to Germany...this has slashed our carbon footprint which is great news. The end goal is to produce it right here in the UK.
- Our serving scoops are made from 100% recycled plastic milk bottles, especially for us, here in the UK.
- Any paper we use is made from 100% recycled material, and the boxes used for postage are made from 70-80% recycled material, though we’re aiming to increase this to 100% recycled also.
- We use absolutely minimal packaging, in the form of stand up pouches. These are lightweight and flexible, which means they use less space during shipping than other forms of packaging. They incorporate a very fine foil layer to ensure our organic whey protein stays as fresh as possible, which does mean that these aren't yet widely accepted for recycling. It is a long term aim of ours to move towards a more environmentally friendly option, so watch this space!
- And of course, we’re organic. And we always will be.